I’m happy that I was able to assist my client with a cash out so she and her family can remodel their home and I am delighted with her kind acknowledgement: “I still can’t believe it! You’ve been amazing helping me through this. I can’t thank you enough”. Now the fun part of picking a paint color starts. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
Are you a Millennial looking to buy? I’m happy to be a resource to you as you research your options.
Everyone asks is it too late to get into the real estate market. No! California fairs to be the safest investment even at the peak. Any market correction will be less and shorter than any other region. Just be prepared to ride it out. And enjoy the benefits of investing in your own assets rather than your landlords.
Even if you bought in 2006, it has most likely been a good investment for you now a decade later. At times you might have felt your world turned upside down; not knowing if you owned your house or it owned you. Well, congratulations you made it through and now you have options. Additionally, you have had a tremendous tax break over the last decade. Owning your home means tax write-offs for interest and property taxes paid. This is a significant savings over renting. You have experienced favorable refinance options with home loan modifications and historic low rates that continue to today. If you haven’t taken advantage of this, check in with me to make sure you have secured your best terms. It is best to always review your terms periodically. Let me help you make sure you are still on track for financial success in your future.
Descanso Gardens Celebrates Earth Day – Saturday and Sunday, April 23-24
Celebrate nature with programs focusing on flowers and plants for your garden. This year’s Earth Day celebration includes the Mt. SAC plant sale and the Botanic Bling trunk show! Activities free with admission and scheduled both days, unless noted otherwise.
- Botanic Bling, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Just in time for Mother’s Day shopping, Botanic Bling, Descanso’s signature trunk show of unique accessories and jewelry, returns with an Earth Day spin.
- Mt. SAC plant sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Students from the Mount San Antonio College horticulture program will sell a variety of potted plants to make your home garden zing this spring.
- California wildflower display, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.: This floral installation will give you a close up view of the many beautiful native California blooms you can find at Descanso.
- Wildflower seed activity, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Choose from a variety of native seeds curated by Descanso’s expert horticulturalists to make your very own wildflower seed packet.
- Oak Woodland walk, Saturday only, 11 a.m.: Join Native Garden Horticulturalist Layla Valenzuela for a walk that explores the Oak Woodland, a wildlife restoration site.
- Patina, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Fresh from the Garden Menu featuring grill favorites, salads and a smoothie bar. On the Main Lawn.
- Earth Day 5k (Sunday Only), 7:30 am: Experience the Gardens in a new way while you support Descanso! A portion of your entry fee benefits Descanso Gardens. Register at racewire.com
ANNUAL SPRING CLEANING SHREDDING EVENT 8:30am-2pm
PODLEY PROPERTIES parking lots:
Start your spring cleaning by shredding your old documents for FREE while enjoying coffee & donuts!
755 E. Route 66, GLENDORA
846 Foothill Blvd., LA CAÑADA
242 W. Foothill Blvd., MONROVIA
897 Granite Dr., PASADENA
30 N. Baldwin Ave., SIERRA MADRE
As you know, February is a time for two very important occasions: Valentine’s Day and the Property Taxes deadline. We want to remind you the second installment of the 2015-2016 Property taxes are due starting, February 1st and will be delinquent if payment is not received by April 10, 2016. You can pay online by making a payment from your checking account or by using a credit card or Visa Debit card, by clicking here.
Valentine’s Day can be one of the most enjoyable days (or nights) of the year, or it can be an over hyped, overpriced, disappointment. Below are some fun ways to ensure yours falls much more to the enjoyable side.
- Avoid the crowds. Pick up your favorite meal to go and eat it at home. Try for a different setting, (the dining room instead of the kitchen?) or eat in front of a movie you’ve both been wanting to see.
- Look at pictures from when you first met. The memories stirred will spur easy conversation that will bring you a little closer.
- Go to a movie. Comprise on a movie that you will both enjoy together; maybe it is a romantic comedy, drama or action film.
However you spend it, here’s to a Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope it’s your best ever.
If you have any questions about being pre-qualified for a home loan or would like to review your refinancing options, please feel free to reach us directly at Wendy Silva, firstname.lastname@example.org, 818/522-6644 or Leslie Villavicencio, email@example.com, 626/975-4010. It would be our pleasure to help you.